Saturday, February 18, 2012

Demonstrations and Art Updates

Students, friends and interested parties, be sure to look at my most recent demonstration on dry pastel.  Also I you would like to see other demonstrations please go to "older blogs" and you will find a variety of painting demonstrations.  I am doing this to help educate my students and also to display to others, my creative process.  I will do more if folks would like me to  but I would like to get some feedback to urge me on.  You can also subscribe to my blog and this will keep you updated.

I am always in the art world in my mind if not in the studio creating.  It is all I think about.  Color, pattern design, many ideas and approaches.  I could easily spend most days working on projects in the studio.  It is such a drive, not one that I work at but one that exists for me everyday.  I dream about paint and art materials and subject matter.

My latest project is, I am painting 36X36 heads of people who have influence my life in a big way.  I really want to get up and personal.  Some of the people are difficult to paint because of all the feelings that arise by looking into their eyes.  I am hoping eventually to put these works up in a large group on a large wall to be seen as a grid of heads.  I draw and paint in grids and I can see the work in a grid.  Some people ask where ideas come from.  They seem to just arrive, perhaps through other influences but I never seem to have a shortage.

I hope you will enjoy my blog.  Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment