Sunday, February 7, 2016

Turn Two or more pictures into one landscape


No matter how I log in, I always put this in backwards. 

 The finished product is an acrylic painting.  I first studied the images and decided what I liked and what I did not like about each landscape.  Take notes so that you can become aware of your visual thinking. 




Be sure to sketch on board with charcoal so that you can make changes. Come up with a strong plan, no details.   I then seal off charcoal with my Matt Medium. You can also use spray fixative.



Before that do a drawing on paper, of a plan, including the contour of the land.  This will help with the perspective and be sure to pay attention to the picture  plane and make structures smaller as they go into the distance.



Thumb nails to decide on design only.  How much sky and how much foreground. No details at this stage.  Can always do studies if you think you will have a hard time with the drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment