Friday, August 21, 2009

The Artist

My whole life has been about creating and I could not be without painting, drawing and making something in the studio.  I got my BFA at Syracuse University and MFA at the Museum School/ Tufts University in painting and a minor in printmaking.  I teach fine arts at the DeCordova Museum School and privately to adults and children.  My artwork sells and is displayed in a variety of venues, galleries, open studios, art conventions, corporate art and private collectors.

 

I am always thinking about my next painting while I’m involved creating a painting in the present.  I never have enough time to paint everything that is in my conscious brain.  It’s not that I am distracted while painting but enthusiastic about the experience that my mind flows to other ideas and subjects.   It takes me weeks to set up the still life to my liking and then while I start the painting I am move my objects around to enhance the composition and concept.  I believe that if a painter works from life then use it to it’s fullest, change what is in front of you in order to change the painting.  It costs less and it’s easier to see.  Exaggerate ideas while keeping the resources evolving while the work of art evolves.  My complete work can be seen on my web site, pottleart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment