Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daily Paintings

#2   Daily paintings.  Part of this BLOG entry is to offer works of art that are created in a class environment as lessons to my students.  These paintings tend to be spontaneous and very freeing.  I am always painting.  If not on my own work I am always doing demos for classes, working along with private lessons and doing short studies to help my own work.  I have been teaching for 22 years and I have a huge collection of demo artwork done quickly in class. They are fast, loose and spontaneous.  Each one that I will list are created for a different event. The one that I am listing today is a two part/dyptic landscape study for a proposed longer painting.  This was done as an example to my students to how to execute a painted study before working into a longer painting of the landscape subject.  Doing studies allows an artist to choose the composition for the actual painting.  It would be a lovely dyptic, matted and framed and placed on the wall.  I am selling this demo for $75.  You can purchase this Tree painting through my web site by using pay pal,  Pottleart.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment